Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

COLOUR CREATE CHALLENGE #53


Good morning everyone....
It's time for the Colour Create Challenge

This weeks challenge is brought to us by the lovely Liz and the colours she has chosen are
"RED, GOLD, CREAM or WHITE"
with the optional extra of
"Christmas or Oriental"



Isn't this just a gorgeous colour scheme!!
Here is a little inspiration to get you going.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is
"Michelle's Scrapbooking"


I chose to use one of the High Hopes new release images and sentiment for my creation this week. I decided to make an easel card but I wanted a box to go underneath to add some treats. I happened to find the greatest little "drawer box" by Holly McMillen and you can find the instructions here.



I embossed the image with black and painted most of it with Tombows. All the red has been done with Distress ink... fired brick, barn door and aged mahogany. (I found it easier to control with less bleeding to use the distress ink verses the Tombows on the small spaces.)
The icing on the gingerbread was painted on with Ranger white enamel. I also added some gold stickles. The borders were done with my MS doily lace punch.



This is a great drawer.... the pattern was a perfect fit that needed no adjustments and large enough to hold 2 layers of these yummy chocolates.


Be sure to stop by the Colour Create Challenge Blog to see the gorgeous creations my wonderfully talented teammates have for you today.

I hope you will have time to play along with us this challenge, I look forward to seeing what you create!!

Have a fabulous day and Thanks so much for stopping by......

KAREN x

*This adorable image "Gingerbread Friends"
and sentiment are available at
The Rubber Room online store.

17 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Karin,I spent almost one hour on your blog,your cards are so cute ,beautiful,gorgeous ect ect
I sign in to be your follower.
Hugs Heidy

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Karen,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon said...

OH WOW Karen - this is just amazing! I love your image and colouring - it looks stunning :)
What a beautiful Christmas gift.

Sharon x

Janiel/ janny said...

This little box with the candy is FAB!!! I love that image and you have done such a wonderful job with all of the details for it! I am going to have to get this image as gingerbreads are my very favorite thing!! LOL.. I collect them!! LOL
hugs, Janiel

chris said...

Karen ITS GORGEOUS love everything about it.
hugs chris xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is GORGEOUS!!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Karen, I love this, fantastic image and creation and as for the chocolates they look yummy,have a lovely evening, hugs Liz xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Karen...as usual. I love your creations. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a wonderful box Karen, super cute and what a sweet image!
Hugs Jacqueline

Julie said...

OMG Karen-what an awesome project! Fab image to go with the choccies - and a fab present!! Yummy!! Juliexx

Dena said...

Karen, wowie!!! Your coloring is just so perfect! I can't believe you combine the markers and DI, it looks so awesome!!! Very cute image too!
Hugs, Dena

Crystal said...

AWWWW Karen what a super sweet image and love love your project, this is AWESOME!

Curt in Indy said...

Two words. . ."Jaw Dropping". Wow Karen, you really outdid yourself with this project. It is perfection. Construction, coloring, image choice, colors, all perfect. Thanks for the link. I'll have to go see. . .Best, Curt

kelly said...

Thanks Karen,

This box is fabulous. I like the imgage. Thanks for the link to the project.

Kelly

Di said...

Hiya hun
this is just stunning you are soooo clever! i love those gingerbread men!
Hugs Di xxx

Renkata said...

hat is some delightful card(box) gift . Wow very beautiful.

Tasha said...

Karen this is stunning. Absolutely creative and your colour work rocks
love tasha xx