Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

FlourishesTimeless Tuesday Challenge

Hello everyone;
I have just come from Flourishes new release party on SCS. It was a blast and the new release sets are awesome!!

The Rubber Room is now stocking Flourishes Stamps in the store and on-line, so if you are in Canada and are excited to get your hands on these beautiful stamps, drop into the store or pop by the website and take a look.

I know I am a little behind with my Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday" card, but better late than never...eh!! The challenge this week is hosted by Dee and she says.... "Cut it out and Pop it up".

I used the set "Sweet Violets" for my card.



I embossed the image 3 times onto smooth water color paper with black. I painted the images with Tombows. I painted the whole main image and then just the flowers and leaves of the 2nd and 3rd image. Starting from the back, I layered all the leaves and flowers with silicone. On the top center flower I also cut and layered just the large petal. I used my nesties for the ovals, my MS doily lace punch, my EK Success scallop punch and my scallop scissors for the bottom edges. The DP are Basic Grey Wisteria pad. The only stickles I used was for the center of the flowers.

Its really hard to see all the layering in the photo, you might see it better if you click on the pic.
I hope you like it and Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a fabulous weekend...

KAREN x

16 comments:

Mary said...

Wow this is just beautiful. Love your coloring.

Yvette said...

This card is stunning! You did an amazing job with the coloring! So so pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh you rocked this challenge, super job.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wow Karen your flowers look ready to pick--You did a fantastic job!! Can't wait to see it in real life!
Hugs,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Karen,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Karen. love the image and the pretty papers and detail. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Julie Koerber said...

OH MY GOSH! This is one of the most beatiful coloring jobs I have ever seen! And... I've seen a lot! I gasped when I saw this card Karen! My husband thought I was choking and was ready to do the heimlich!!! Gorgeous job!

Tiffany said...

Gorgous Karen, Awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Stunning, Sue x

queenjolene99 said...

Simply amazing!!

Tab said...

Stunning card, hun, love the image so sweet and pretty!
Hugs Tab xxx

Curt in Indy said...

This card shows your multi talent. You can do whimsical characters or beautiful floral images with ease. This is truly beautiful! Best, Curt

Stampin' Meg said...

wow wow wow- that was a wow for each layer!!!

Shirley said...

Beautiful! and elegant! and pretty!

Theresa Momber said...

Amazing! Karen, this is stunning!