Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Motivet Sketch Challenge and The Pink Elephant Challenge

Hello everyone;
I hope you are all having a great week so far. The sun is shining this morning... but more rain for this afternoon. There is some beautiful weather coming our way from the west coast for the weekend.....Yay!! I can't wait!!

There is a fabulous sketch challenge going on over at the Motivet blog. You have until midnight July 31 to submit your entry and the prize to the winner is your choice of 5 Motivet stamps and another random draw for 2 Motivet stamps. Most of the work is done for you with the amazing sketch....so get on over and give it a go!!

My card today is the sketch for the Motivet challenge and also for The Pink Elephant Challenge which is "Your Favorite Color Combo".
Well let me tell you how hard this was for me because I have so many favorite color combos!! The colors I have used are one of my fav's.....pink, green and orange....love em!!



I stamped the image in black and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I painted it with Tombows. I also added some stickles. The pink border piece was punch with a MS punch. The designer papers are from Darcie's. I also crocheted the flower embellishments for the corner. I was inspired a few weeks ago to pick up a crochet hook after seeing some beautiful flowers and butterflies that Bev had used on her cards. She is such a sweetie to also share her beautiful patterns with us all.

Have a fabulous day...thanks so much for stopping by

KAREN x

19 comments:

Lauri said...

okay

I have to buy some of these stamps...

Thanks for enabling!! :)

Jeni Glee said...

Isn't this the cutest card? I love that image -- it sure caught my eye and now I have a big old smile on my face!!!! The surroundings of the image are so sweet....I love the colors! Nice work, my Friend!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Karen, such a cute image and i love the pretty papers and detail. Hugs Nikki x

Cindy Haffner said...

"What a cutie, super job."

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Karen,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

hugs Riet.x

1crazyjoe said...

Your amazing Karen!! Fantastic card

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Karen, man I need some of these stamps!!

Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

This is really a sweet card, love the image and the colors!!!

AUsome mom said...

This is just precious. Your coloring is beautiful!

LORi said...

WOWzers!!! Great card again this week Karen!!!!

Thanks for sharing with The Pink Elephant this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Karen, beautiful colouring and fabulous colours you've used.
have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Ila said...

This is just the Cutest Karen!!...I love your color combo..and your fabulous take on this sketch....Your flowers are lovely...I've been crocheting again too!!..Have a Great Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

Wow Karen, this is gorgeous, I love your colours and I adore these stamps, must really find the time to play with mine more often
Clairex

Curt in Indy said...

Such a fun card! Love this color combo, and those images are so adorable. Your coloring, as usual, is impecable! Best, Curt

stephanne said...

I had trouble picking colours for TPE too, I almost have to have someone pick a pallette for me, because I love them all. This is fabulous!!! I am happy to have randomly clicked on your entry at TPE because I recognize your work from the Motivet blog, love it, have to check it out every morning and see what you talented ladies created, love it love it love it!!
Stephanie m

Crissy Armstrong said...

Your coloring is superb Karen, as usual! Love this beauty of a card!

Tasha said...

Oh Karen this card is gorgeous - love that image - too cute! The colours are fab and i am loving your colouring. Fab layout too
love tasha xx

Stampin' Meg said...

She is so darling!

Shirley said...

What a cutie and the whole design is just wonderful and pretty!