Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #39

Good evening everyone;
I hope you all had a great weekend. We looked after our DD's new puppy Jackson yesterday. You can't leave him alone outside for a minute by himself as he is in his digging stage and if you don't catch him at it quick he can make a real mess. Layla can't be bothered with him at all....she's probably thinking to herself... "he's such a brat"...lol!!

This weeks High Hopes challenge is brought to us by Anna and she has chosen "Upsy Daisy". She would like us all to use some daisies on our cards. I am using "Emileigh's Cool Ride" and "Road Trip" from the new release. Crissy has outdone herself with another release of amazing heartwork, every image is absolutely fabulous!!

I am back to the black/white mode with this one...but I couldn't stand it and had to add the red. I'm positive there won't be too many more...I just gotta have color!!...LOL!!



I embossed the image and the flowers with black and painted them with Tombows. I used glossy accents on the windshield, the small daisy centers and the tire centers. The large daisies are an older HH stamp and the small daisies are from the new potted plant stamp. I cut out the car and flowers and used my shaping tool to give the images some dimension. The bottom border is a MS punch. Where there was a cut out flower I added a daisy. I used my nesties for the frame. The silver on the bumpers and tires is a Gelly Roll metallic pen. Her jacket was painted with Tombow first and the Shimmerz - coal. It's hard to see the shimmerz but it looks great in RL. I embossed the sentiment onto acetate and used silicone to stick it down. The swirl was cut with a punch.

I hope you like it.

The HH's new release is available at The Rubber Room and on-line, all in stock and ready to go. Don't delay....they won't be there long!!

Thanks so much for stopping by....
KAREN x

15 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the black and white...and red! Fab daisies too!!

Great card Karen!

Hugs, Kelly

Yvette said...

This is adorable! Love the black and white with a pop of red! Cute image too!

Rosanne said...

Awesome card Karen! Love the color in it--you always know just what will go together perfectly!

Happy crafting--Rosanne

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun and darling.

Marcea said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, love the red with the black and white - so effective! Fabulous ribbon
-x-

Rach said...

this is adorable Karen, fabulous colour combo you have used. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Oh I love it hun, think I might have to buy this one too! So cute whizzing off in her card! Fab colours!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Great card, so cute and the colours are beautiful!
Jacqueline

Carolyn King said...

That is one awesome card. You coloring of the car is just FABULOUS!!! Great job girl!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, what a fabulous colour scheme, Gorgeous colouring as always, I can't wait to receive mine, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Shirley said...

The whole card is just too cute and I love that car!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Beautifully done--love the red--it makes this card sing!! Love the papers, layout and flowers too!!
Hugs,
Sarah :)

Theresa Momber said...

Too, too cute! Gorgeous coloring!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh you had to make the car red!!! Perfect Karen! I love it! Your details are great too, esp the little daisy flowers, scallops, dots and bow!!