Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Doraline and a challenge...

Hello everyone;
I can't believe it is the first week of June already...where do the days go. Now that it has stopped raining here in Southwestern Ontario, today was nice and warm. I think its is supposed to be nice for the rest of the week, so I am looking forward to it.

This adorable image is Doraline with accordion from Motivet Rubber Stamps.



The colors and papers are very non-traditional for Christmas, but are some of my favorites from Darcie's.
I stamped the image with Versa fine black and embossed it with clear. I painted it with Tombows. I used my Inkssentials white pen for the highlights. I cut the ovals with my nesties and used a MS punch for the bottom border. The snowflakes and flowers are also punches from MS. I used my pinking scissors for the sentiment
cardstock.

I hope you like the colors I have used for this Christmas card, I just can't force myself to do too many red/green traditional combos just yet...they will have to wait until the end of July...LOL!!

*my main source for products is The Rubber Room and online store.



SCRAPMAGASINET Reader Challenge #11

I couldn't resist buying some of these stamps from Scrapmagasinet. I think the images are just too much fun. This months challenge is "Thank You".
I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I made the frame by cutting strips of paper and gluing them together. I sponged some white brilliance ink onto the cardstock. The flowers and fern are made with punches. The dots are Adirondack acrylics.
I purchased the Scrapmagasinet stamps from BunnyZoe's ETSY store.



Have a great day and Thanks for stopping by....

KAREN x

17 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet image, both cards are fab!!!!!!!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Both Beautiful!! I was just commenting on your card over at Motivet.. Good Luck!!!

Shirley said...

Gosh, Karen, everything you touch turns to gold! These are both just lovely. The first one is so adorable and the second one is fun too!

Rach said...

wow Karen these are two amazing cards sweetie, the colouring is awesome. wow! xx

pinky said...

These are beautiful, love both images! Love your colouring and papers too.
Pinky

Marcea said...

Amazing cards hun - loving them both. Awesome colouring as always!!!! Hope you are managing to enjoy the warmer weather
-x-

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Karen,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Carolyn King said...

beautiful cards--i sooo love that accordian one---sweet!!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is an adorable image on Mr. Acordian man and who ever said that holiday cards have to be red &
green? Good for you for jumping out of the box. Very cute! Pat

Tab said...

Wow gorge cards hun, love the non traditional colours, just delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

Theresa Momber said...

So, so sweet! Love both!

Joey said...

Hiya Karen, these are beautiful cards, I adore the colours you used on the christmas card! The paper is beautiful. Joey.x

Curt in Indy said...

Karen, as usual, your wonderful eye for detail is unsurpassed. Your work always makes me smile. BTW, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I sure hope it was a wonderful day for you! Best, Curt

Tasha said...

Oh wow two very stunning cards - i am loving the colours and papers - they are all so beautiful. Both images are fantastic and bought a smile to my face thanks for the inspiration
love tasha xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Karen, both are totally gorgeous, sure love the image on your first card. Fabulous colouring as always and good luck on the challenge. Hugs Nikki x

Jeni Glee said...

My Sweet Karen,

Your work is absolutely AWESOME! These cards are just so charming, so sweet and so, so delightful!

I adore your work and YOU!!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}} Glee

LORi said...

Oh How CUTE!!!