Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #42








Hello everyone;
It's pretty hard to stay in the house the last few days...the gorgeous weather has finally arrived. YAY!!

This weeks High Hopes Challenge is brought to us by Jeanne and she has chosen "Go For The Gold". It can be gold paper, brads....whatever you have that's gold!!

The image I have chosen is the "Nutcracker".



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I used my white Inkssentials pen for the highlights. I used my Gelly Roll gold metallic pen on the buttons, trim on his jacket, shoulder pads and hat. I used gold eyelets and gold brads to hold the sentiment on. The sentiment was stamped onto acetate with Stazon black. It's hard to see the sentiment in the pic, looks fine in real life. I added glue and white flocking to his hair, beard and mustache. The fabulous designer paper is from Graphic 45. I used a cb folder on the red cardstock.The card front is smaller than the back and it opens by undoing the ribbon.

I hope you like it and Thanks so much for stopping by.

KAREN x






*products used in my cards are from The Rubber Room
and online store.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!! I love this card. I actually bought some of that paper just to use for this stamp!! Haven't inked it up yet, though!!
~Lacey

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I'm in love with this awesome job.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous!! Look at that paper....what a perfect match!

Rach said...

oh Karen this is amazing, a fabulous job.
hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh I love this what fantastic colouring of the great image and such a perfect paper choice
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

Karen, this is absolutely beautiful. Love all the detail. Hope you had a great weekend.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

The Rubber Maid said...

This is a real cutie. Love everything about it. Pat

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card, really great!
Nice image and colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

Tab said...

Oooh I love your sweet card, the image is fabulous and such delish colours too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Rosanne said...

Fantastic job on this challenge Karen! What an inspiration!

Rosanne

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, I love these warm Christmas colors. Gorgeous!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, awesome card Karen and how perfect are those papers. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Ila said...

Wow!! this is just Amazing and so Gorgeous!!...love your coloring and the fabulous papers you choose!!...Hugs, Ila

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is truly beautiful! I love it Karen, esp. your painting on the image. Gorgeous work, as always!

Shirley said...

How Christmas regal! and cute! and so much fun too!