Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tombow Guest DT

Hello everyone.....

Today for my GDT over at

TOMBOW USA

I created a Parchment Butterfly card

Parchment craft….also known as Pergamano
is the art of embellishing parchment paper
through the techniques such as embossing,
perforating, stippling, cutting and coloring.

To start I took a piece of parchment paper and
placed it onto a pattern. I used painters tape to
tape it to the pattern. With a mapping pen and
Tinta ink I traced the pattern onto the parchment
paper. I used sections of two different patterns and
some of my own patterns for this card. Once the
pattern is complete I placed the paper with the
good side face up onto a piercing grid. With the
arrow tool I pieced the holes in the center of
the card. I removed the paper from the grid
and with the good side face down I placed it
onto an embossing pad and with my embossing
tools I embossed sections of the pattern.

When you emboss the parchment paper it is

actually stretching the parchment and it turns
the paper white. You can now see the sections
that have been embossed. To cut the sections
out of the parchment paper around the outside
edges of the card I perforated all the sections
I wanted to remove with a 2 split tool and
removed the excess parchment paper.
This is a very delicate process as now that
the parchment is embossed it becomes very fragile.

I traced the butterfly twice on plain parchment
and once on blue parchment. The front butterfly
is the only layer of the 3 that has the detail
and is embossed and cut out.

The card itself is made with blue parchment
paper. I traced the outside of the card

with the Tinta ink and then perforated

the edge with the 2 split tool to remove the

excess parchment paper.

To put the card together I used Tombow Power
tabs. I cut 2 tabs into quarters and placed

one quarter of a tab behind the embossed

section of each design and centered it onto

the blue parchment card. I adhered all 3 layers

of the butterfly using Tombow mono aqua

liquid glue along the body sections.

The butterfly is adhered to the card with

Tombow power tabs. The flat back pearls

are glued with Tombow mono aqua liquid glue

and the bow is attached to the card

with the power tabs.

Before I was introduced to Tombow adhesive
products I had to adhere my parchment
cards with
silicone from a tube.
It took a while for the silicone
to set up
and using regular glue would crinkle the
parchment. I was totally amazed when I used

the liquid glue and the power tabs
on my project.
Now my cards go together so quickly with
no gooey mess....I love it!!!

The tools I used.

Have a great day
and
Thanks so much for stopping by.....

KAREN x

6 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

absolutely stunning!!

Chris said...

Totally amazing piece of art Karen and huge congrats on your Tombow GDT, they're so lucky to have you join them. I must go out and buy Pergamano supplies immediately :). Hugs, Chris.

Karen W said...

I love parchment and you did a fabulous job on this. Just gorgeous!!!

Shirley said...

How lovely.....if you look closely you will see drooling here. LOLOL It is so beautiful!!!

Lisa S. said...

Would love to see a tutorial on this one day !!

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW this is absolutely phenomenal! LOVE this design its stunning
love tasha xx