Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

High Hopes Challenge #131

Hello everyone.....
It's time for the High Hopes Challenge!!!!

This weeks challenge is brought to us by
and she has a great recipe for us to follow!!

The recipe is....
"1 ribbon, 2 patterned papers and 3 flowers"

For my card this week I am using
"Garden Gate Background"


This was a nice easy card to do with minimal coloring!!
I created the background first with a nesties scallop
oval and distress ink using a sponge dauber.
I stamped the image and embossed it with black
over the background.
I lightly colored the image with Tombows and added
stickles to most of the image. I tried to get a good
shot of all the glitter but it doesn't show up too well.
It is really sparkly in real life!!
The DP is from a MY Minds eye paper pad.
Here is an older tutorial I did on creating
the background.....

Be sure to check out the awesome creations
the Diva's have the share with you today over
on the

Have a great day
and
Thanks so much for stopping by....

KAREN x

5 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Karen!!

CraftyC said...

I love your card Karen and what a great background you have made!!
Clairexx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Karen your colors make me smile! Love the little patchwork squares used for matting!

Dena E's Blog said...

Soooo FUN...It is soooo great of you to show all the names in your work here on your sweet blog,,,THANKS!!!
GOD has truly blessed you with a BEAUTIFUL Gift in art/design...Hugssss and Prayers...de
dreamdoodlers.com

Shirley said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors!!