Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

COLOUR CREATE CHALLENGE #39





Good morning everyone...
I hope you are all having a great week.... we had quite a little snow storm this week and are expecting more in the next few days. Darn... just when I thought spring was on its way!!

We had some fun with our birthday celebration and a fabulous turn out for the challenge, so many gorgeous creations. A big Thank You for all the wonderful comments too.

Without further ado.....the winner of my blog candy is....

"Kelly Schelske".

Congratulations Kelly!! Just contact me with your address and I will get your stamp and the card off to you.

The Colour Create Challenge this week is brought to us by the lovely "Janiel" and she has chosen "Red, Black and Off-white with the extra option of silver or pewter brads".

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is "Whimsy Stamps"

I just love this colour scheme and decided this adorable image
"American Cowthic" from High Hopes would be just perfect for it....



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. The off-white on the cows was painted with icicle H2o's. I did some ripping and distressing on the card stock to give it a bit of a rustic look. I added some glossy accents to the pitch fork and bell. I used some natural jute for the braid and the bow. The brads are silver and I punched the circles with an ordinary 3 hole punch and glued them into the center.

Be sure to check out the Colour Create Blog as my teamies have some fabulous creations to share with you. Also all the winners from the Birthday Celebration will be announced there too.

Have a great day and Thanks so much for stopping by....

KAREN x


12 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card Karen, I just adore that image and all your details that make it so "country" looking.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is the CUTEST!!!!

Mina said...

oh Karen I love this stamp it made me smile...beautiful colouring and the papers are a perfect choice
Mina xxx

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love this color combo...the image is so cute (I've never inked this one up, can you believe it?!) & I love the matching brads! We got quite a storm yesterday too.....had to pick up my son from basketball & it was a WHITE OUT!!! Hard to think spring when all this snow keeps falling!

Anonymous said...

Great card Karen,
Sue x

Di said...

Hi Hun i have tried posting earlier but blogger wouldnt let me.
This is just fabulous ! love the image it really made me smile! i love your check papers and the string goes so well, its just a brilliant card!

Hugs di xxxx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, what a funny and lovely card Karen. The image is wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

LOVE this card Karen! What a fun image and a perfect sentiment for it too. You always add such great texture and details too. Stunning work.
Sharon xx

Dena said...

Awe Karen, your card is so fun! Love those cute cows! It has such a great country feel!
Hugs, Dena

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card Karen! Love that twine...and I love that I am your winner, yay!!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, such and adorable image and sentiment. Love the check cs and what a brilliant idea to create matching brads, must see if my brain can remember that one. Love the juste braid and bow.
hugs Heather xx

Deanne said...

Fabulous card Karen! Love everything about it - the image, the sentiment, the matching gingham brads... Everything!

xx-Deanne