I hope you all had a great start to your week. Mine was going fine until my DH had an accident in the garage tonight, while fixing up an old riding lawn mower. He wound up in emergency, 4 hours and 17 stitches later, we are now home. I tell ya, boys and their toys!! He is going to be a little sore for a while, but he will be fine.
This week, The Pink Elephant Challenge is "Wedding". I made this project last week and it fits the theme perfectly.
This little wedding cake is made from 3 different size round boxes. Each one is made separately and open individually to hold little gifts. The adorable bride and groom are from The Greeting Farm.
I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. Before each box was assembled I stamped different images and swirls with Versa color chateau gray. The DP's are from the Paper Company. The stamps used on the bottom box are hearts from High Hopes. The swirls are from Inque and the bells on the top box came from the set with the bride and groom. The small dots on all boxes are a Stamps by Judith stubby. I have also used some stickles. I made the curls on the top box by using an exacto knife and ruler, cutting just a hair of card stock and it curls itself as you cut it. The flowers are from punches, the sentiment heart also came with the set.
This was a really fun project I hope you like it.
PENNY BLACK SATURDAY CHALLENGE
This week over at the PBSC there is a birthday celebration going on. The challenge is 1 year old and the theme this week is "Celebrations".
I purchased this fab new Penny Black set from The Rubber Room. It is called "Teddy & Company.
To capture the fine details of the image, I stamped the image with Versa fine black and used clear embossing powder. I painted it with Tombows. I stamped, embossed and painted the bird, little bee and the butterfly and cut them out and layered them. The white highlights and dots are done with my Inkssentials pen. I used my nesties for the frame. The DP is from a paper stack by DCWV. I embossed the DP and the blue card stock with a cuttle bug folder. It's hard to see in the pic on the dp, but it looks great in real life, I really like the effect. I also used lots of stickles.
I will be back on Wednesday to share a couple of my Motivet DT cards with you. Until then have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by....
*all products in my cards were purchased at The Rubber Room and online store.