Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Colour Create Challenge #34







Good morning everyone:
I hope your week is going well and all your Christmas gifts bought, wrapped and you are all prepared........probably not if you are anything like me!!...lol. I am running in circles as we are having our Christmas dinner this Sunday. Work schedules have gotten in the way this year so we are celebrating just a little early. Lots left to do, barely enough time to do my challenge posts so please forgive me if I haven't been by your blogs.

The Colour Create Challenge is hosted by the lovely Dena and she has chosen "Burgandy, Pink and Ivory". The extra option is "Roses". Here is a little inspiration to get you going. Our sponsor this week is....
"Simon Says Stamp"


I am doing something a little different for this challenge, some embroidery and ribbon roses.




This is a pattern that was taught in a class at "The Rubber Room" by an amazing teacher and friend, Marten. He also does the most amazing embroidered framed pictures.

The first step is to attach the pattern to the card stock and pierce all the holes. After the embroidery was done I pierced more holes to make the ribbon roses. The roses are very easy to do. I have a link here if you want to give them a try.

I used a corner embossing punch for the corners and the dp is Basic Grey. The sentiment is a sticker that I coloured with my Identa pens.

I hope you like it....Be sure to stop by the Colour Create blog and see the gorgeous creations the Design Team have come up with to inspire you.

Have a wonderful week and Thanks so much for stopping by...

KAREN x

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your BEAUTIFUL roses.

Tova said...

très classe ! Very elegant card !

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Karen.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lacey Stephens said...

What an awesome technique!! I need to try that!
~Lacey

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow those are beautiful flowers very neat and worth a trip over to the site to see how to do it. Lovely Karen. Pat

Mina said...

wow Karen those roses are fabulous you clever thing you...stunning card, such a simple layout but your stitching and roses make it just stunning
Mina xxx

Jo Nevill said...

Just love your card Karen, must have taken you hours. Such beautiful details.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Di said...

Fabulous Karen love your roses!

Have a very merry xmas!!
Hug Di xxxx

Simone said...

Fabulous card!!! Really cute! I love the stitching and the roses!
Simone

Shirley said...

Absolutley gorteous technique and card!

Deanne said...

I just love this card Karen! So elegant! Fantastic work! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

xx-Deanne