Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Spirelli Noel



Good morning everyone....
Well this week went by so fast, its incredible. I did manage to get a few things done...so I don't feel too bad. Layla, my beautiful dog, and boss of the house!! is under the weather, she has come down with some severe allergies and we are trying to figure out what they are. Poor little girl is scratching so bad and 3 medications later...we are hoping they will help. We spent 2 hours at the vet yesterday, but she did get a new toy for her troubles.

I am working on some quick christmas cards and I remembered I had done one like this in a workshop at the church in September.
I embossed the letters with silver and cut them out and layered them. I made the spirelli with 3 different color threads to replace the "O". I shortened the front of the card and added the 2 layers of pinked edging. I also inked the edges of the card with chateau grey and watermarked the black background. I was disappointed in the picture as you can't see the watermark or the edges.
So there you have it, easy peasy quick card!!

Have a great weekend
Karen

10 comments:

Rach said...

Very impressive Karen, doesn't look like a quick card to me at all.
Gorgeous. Hugs rachxx

Theresa Momber said...

So gorgeous and elegant! You know so many wonderful techniques and your cards are always so perfect!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow this is gorgeous.

Jamie Martin said...

This is beautiful and so elegant :)

Nancy said...

This is beautiful. Love the black and silver, and those embossed letters are just gorgeous!

BTW...I have a dog named Laila too, just spelled differently. I think the cat almost has her convinced she's a cat also. ;) Hope your Layla feels better.

Carolyn King said...

that is beautiful!!!
Hope your pup feels better.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Karen, the 'O'looks wonderful. Hope your dog gets better soon.
Hugs
Carole x

Curt in Indy said...

OK, first things first. I hope your sweet dog is getting better. How awful for that sweetie! This card is stunning! The embossing and the spirelli is amazing! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

How beautiful! I love the silver with the black. Stunning!

Barb said...

This is a very stunning and elegant card! Love the simplicity.