Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

1 CARD....2 CHALLENGES

Hello everyone...
I hope you are all having a great week so far. Mine has been very busy, not too much time for blogging. I did manage to get a card done for the Scrapmagasinet Reader Challenge #12 and The Pink Elephant Challenge #22. I was the lucky winner of the Scrapmagasinet Sketch challenge #12 and won 2 free stamp sets, so I am using one of my new images for these challenges. TPE challenge this week is "Stars and Strips" and Scrapmagasinet challenge is "Flowers".

I am not sure of the name of the image, but the set is 104 Katter.
This card is a little outside my element as I am so used to using vibrant colors. My friend Tiffany had done some monochromatic cards that were awesome and I wanted to give it a try.



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows and H2o's oyster. No stickles on this one, I liked the shimmer of the H2o's. The stars are cut with my nesties and the flowers are punched with My MS hydrangea punch. The sentiment is stamped with Stazon onto shrink film and heated and shrunk. I added some curled wire and a few pearls.
I hope you like it. The pic is a little dark, but lightening it made it wishy-washy...so this is the best I could get.

Have a great week
Thanks so much for stopping by...

KAREN x

19 comments:

Heather Huggins said...

Totally cute!! I love these little guys! Good Luck!!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Too, too cute! Great job--I know the lack of colour must have been a challenge for you but you pulled it off big time--love those stars too!!
Hugs,
Sarah

Cindy Haffner said...

OMG too cute.

Curt in Indy said...

Congrat on your win!!! Woooo Hoooo! And what a win! I so love the image you used on this card. And even though you worked outside of your comfort zone on this one, you did a fabulous job! Best, Curt

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Karen what a simply lovely card this is such a brilliant colour scheme and perfect colouring and such a fun image love it
Hugs Jacqui xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Karen love the cute image and your coloring and colour scheme is beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Unknown said...

Very different from usual but as always absolutely beautiful. I've never tried coloring of any kind on a card...I think maybe I need to!!!! I find that one is never tooooo old to learn.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Karen hope you are having a good week hunny. I am loving this card, i love the black andwhite! you have been busy since my last visit with so many gorgeous makes, i love them all. Hope you have a lovely evening, hugs Linda x

Kelly Schelske said...

It's fabulous Karen!!

LORi said...

Too CUTE Karen!!!

Rach said...

a fabulous card, hugs Rachxx

Trudi said...

Cute! I love how you embellished the stars Karen. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a great card, really gorgeous.
Lovely image.
Jacqueline

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute card! Thanks for joining TPE this week!!

Carol said...

Great job karen, even without your lovely bright colours! you still rocked our challenge :)

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Karen,
This Card ROCKS!! I love it and the image is supper cute.
Talk to you soon
Grasshopper

Unknown said...

♥ all the detail you gave in this card!!! It's amazing! Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

Shirley said...

Congrat's on your win and that card is not just pretty but way too cute too!