Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday

Hello everyone;
I can't believe I am right on time today for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday. I am still having a great time with my new Flourishes stamps...the possibilities are endless with these fabulous sets. The host of this weeks challenge is Cindy Haffner and she wants us to use some Shimmerz on our cards.

The images I used are from the "Poppy Patch" set.
I have never done an all white card before so I thought I would give it a try.



I embossed the images on water color paper with black and painted them with Tombows. I cut each flower out, shaped them with a shaping tool and layered them with foam tape. I used Shimmerz "coal" on the black centers. The white highlights were done with my Inkssentials pen. The scallop frame is cut with my nesties and I used a CB folder on the white frame behind the flowers. I used my MS doily lace punch for the card and the third layer as well as the corners. The border on the second piece is a EK Success border punch and it was also embossed with a CB folder. The third layer is embossed with my CB folder swiss dots. I pierced the holes in the white frame with my Ornare piercing tool.
I am quite pleased with the way it turned out....hope you like it too!!

Have a great day, Thanks for stopping by.....

KAREN x

*Flourishes stamps are available at The Rubber Room and on-line stores.

13 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW Karen, Your coloring skills are just FAB!!! These beautiful flowers just about jump right off of the creamy white backdrop and grap you..... BEAUIFUL!!! have a great day, janny

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, your card is stunning Karen and I love the design and your colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Riet said...

Wowwww Karen,what a beautiful card,l love the flowers and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Karen,
Sue x

Rosanne said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Rosanne

Tab said...

Wow fabulous card, just adore the embossing and white background and the image is so pretty!
Hugs Tab xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Karin!!

Hus, Kelly

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous, so happy you could play.

Rach said...

wow!!!
Karen this is stunning, so beautiful. hugs rachxx

Curt in Indy said...

Don't you just love this stamp set??? You did an amazing job with this card! Your detail always impresses me. Your coloring is perfect! Best, Curt

Marcea said...

stunning work Karen
-x-

Alex said...

Oh my god this one is soooo beautiful!
Hugs, Alex

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous coloring, Karen! I love all the texture in the background.