Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #41







Hello everyone;
I was going to post earlier but a huge thunderstorm rolled through and the lights were flickering, so I thought it best not to be on the computer while this was going on. It has passed now and the temp has skyrocketed....yay!! Bring it on!!

The High Hopes Challenge this week is brought to us by the divine Diva, Nikki. She has chosen "Sparkle and Shine". I love this challenge and my "stickles"....thanks Nikki!!

The adorable images I am using is are Thankful Friends, Oak Corner and Oak Border. I try not to pick favorites, as I do love them all...but the turkeys in the new release are just soooo cute!!



I embossed the images with black and painted them with Tombows. I used icicle H2o's on his collar and cuffs and metallic silver Gelly Roll pen on his buckles. The dots are stamped with chateau grey Versa ink and the dot stubbie from Stamps by Judith. The highlights are done with my Inkssentials white gel pen. I embossed the burnt orange paper with a CB folder. The trim is from Bunny-Zoe's shop. I stamped the sentiments with Stazon black onto acetate. The borders are EK Success and MS punches.
That's pretty much it...I hope you like it.

Have a great Sunday....and Thanks so much for stopping by.

KAREN x


*the HH's new release is in stock at The Rubber Room and online store. Check for availability, as some images are already sold out. Shipping worldwide.

23 comments:

Di said...

Hiya Karen

This is so cute made me smile! i love your colouring on the image, really well done and the leaves are great too!

Love it!

Hugs Di xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my gosh so sweet, great coloring.

Anonymous said...

Really cute card! Love your colouring and fab details.
Thanks for your message of congrats re sugar nellie...much appreciated.
Carole

Rosanne said...

Awesome card Karen--I love the turkey!

Rosanne

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, that's pretty much it? That's pretty much AMAZING!!! Karen, I love this! What awesome coloring on the image, wow! You are mighty talented! I so love the fall colors too. And how you used the oak corner and border stamps. Nice touch with the lacy embellishment too! SWEET!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Karen! Love the "Eh"!!

Hugs, Kelly

Sally Cicada Designs said...

So very, very cute! I love this stamp and can't wait to use mine! You have coloured these two perfectly and I LOVE your layout!!
Hugs,
Sarah

Michelle said...

This is adorable, Karen!! And I agree.....this turkey is about as cute as they come!! We have turkeys running around our yard & to be honest, they're kinda ugly!! LOL!!

cats whiskers said...

Wow dear this is stunning what agteat image for thanksgiving, love the leaves in the border. Hoping the sun is shining for you today sweetie
Hugs Jacquixx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

oh wow Karen, love this card sweetie, fantastic colours. the image just jumps right out of the card at you. fabulous. hugs rachxx

Louise F NZ said...

Ohhh your colouring in is divine! I love the papers and embellishments you have used, totally gorgeous card.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Karen and beautifully coloured. Enjoy the hot weather, were stilling waiting for it in England
Clairex

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is gorgeous Karen, Your colouring is fabulous and I love how you used the oak corner and border. Love your sparkly touches, Big Hugs, Nikki x

The Rubber Maid said...

Absolutely adorable and the eh? got me to laughing. Crazy Canadian expression eh? Very cute card. Pat

Curt in Indy said...

Cute as cute can be! Love this adorable image. Makes me excited that the Fall season is coming, my favorite time of year. Love the oak leaves and accorns you used on the card. Great touch! Best, Curt

Jeni Glee said...

I sure wish I lived closer to you so you could teach me how to create a card this wonderful! The image is adorable and I love the colors you used.

I hope all is well with you....when you get a chance, send me an email and let me know what is new with you.

Love, Glee

Ila said...

What a Fabulous card Karen!! the image is Super Cute and colored so Wonderfully...love the papers and trim too!!...Hugs, Ila

Alex said...

So cute card! Like the colors you used!
Hugs, Alex

Bev said...

Oh what a brill card hun, your colouring really is amazing! x

Alexandra said...

ein wunderschönes motiv und ganz toll coloriert.
LG
Sanny

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow Karen! What an absolutely delightful card! Your coloring is amazing! :D

Shirley said...

Precious!! and so beautiful too!