Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

High Hopes Challenge # 38

Good evening all;
Such a beautiful day we had today, the sun was beaming and no humidity...Ahhh, just what we have been waiting for!!

The High Hopes Challenge for today is brought to us by HH's amazing artist and Divine Diva, Crissy. She has chosen "Lots and Lots of Polka Dots". Well I have to say I followed the rules and there are LOTS of dots on mine...LOL!! I think you might need your sunglasses for this one...the yellow is a tad too bright!

This adorable image is "Ants Picnic". I have been wanting to ink this one up...and I think it is just right for this challenge.



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I used H20's icicle on the table cloth and the knife and fork. I used my nesties labels for the image and navy layer. The white dots on the navy card are stamped with Brilliance white. A MS doily punch and an EK Success scallop punch were used on the layers behind the ribbon. I also added some stickles.
I am disappointed in the picture quality, but my camera was probably in shock with the brightness of the yellow!!

I hope you like it...
Thanks so much for stopping by and
have a fabulous evening...

KAREN x

*the products used in my cards
were purchased at The Rubber Room
and on-line store.

14 comments:

Lauri said...

Love this card! I love love LOVE the colors (especially the yellow!))

Tiffany said...

WOW!
Great job Karen. The shading is awesome and I love all of the poka dots!!
Tiff
xo

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so delightful, love those colors.

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!!...the image, your coloring and papers are all Gorgeous!!...Hugs, Ila

cats whiskers said...

Oh Karen this is a yummy card dear, such fun and beautifully coloured as usual
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Karen,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

wow what a fabulous card, the yellow just jumps right out at you, wonderful. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Karen...another super image and coloured perfectly.
Have a good week.
Hugs
Carole x

Tab said...

oooh gorge card hun, love the bright colours and the image is so funny, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card...love all the touches of yellow!

1crazyjoe said...

Awesome card Karen!!

Shirley said...

So uplifting, bright, cheerful and just too cute!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wow your shading on this card is awesome--love the colours you used too! I like how you used a thin border on your nestie die--it looks cool!
Hugs
Sarah

Curt in Indy said...

Another brilliant card (and I'm not talking about the yellow! LOL) I don't think it is too bright at all. This is one of the cutest images I've seen from HH. Cute, cute, cute! Best, Curt