Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Colour Create Challenge #27 and some awesome news








Good morning everyone;
Can you believe 2 weeks has gone by already. Well it's time for another fabulous Colour Create Challenge. This weeks challenge is brought to us by Jo and she has chosen "Neon Green and Black". The optional extra is "Leaves and a Charm"

Here is a little inspiration to get you started.



Well I am always water colouring and so I decided to do a technique for this challenge. I absolutely love this colour scheme and this is what I came up with.



The technique I am doing on my card is Brass Stencils and Embossing Paste. This is a little messy, but a lot of fun. I mixed Kiwi Primary Elements, which is a pigment powder, with clear embossing paste. I attached the brass stencil to the black background paper with painters tape to make the frame. You pick up a glob of the embossing paste with a pallet knife and spread it onto the stencil like you are icing a cake. Once you have the holes on the stencil all filled you scrape off the excess so the depth of the paste is only as thick as the brass stencil. Take the tape off 3 sides and gently lift it like a hinge, so you don't smear the paste. I set that piece aside and repeated the process with the leaf brass stencil doing it twice. I did the same thing with another brass stencil with butterflies. Once everything is dry, I left it over night, I cut out and layered a swirl and the bottom leaf. I glued them on with dries clear glue just at the very ends, so I could lift them a little. I cut out the butterflies and used foam tape to attach them. Once the paste is dry it has a fabulous texture, almost like rubber. I used a sticker for the sentiment. It was a silver sticker and I coloured it with a green Identa pen. That's pretty much it....I hope you like it.

Be sure to stop by the CCC blog to see the gorgeous cards the Design Team have created to inspire you!!




Awesome News

I also want to share some awesome news with you. I have been asked to join the High Hopes Design Team as a full time Diva. Yay!! I'm sure you all know how much I love High Hopes stamps...so you can image how excited and honored I am to a small part of such an amazing team....A huge "Thanks to Tina and Bethany" for this fabulous opportunity and I will see you all on Sunday for the High Hopes challenge......


Have a great day and Thanks so much for stopping by...

KAREN x






*all products used
in my card were purchased
from The Rubber Room and
on-line store.

27 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Your card is wonderful, really stylish! And congratulations as DT member, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Rach said...

wow!!!
Karen what an awesome card, so striking... huge congrats on your hh news sweetie.. way to go.. hugs rachxx

Di said...

Awesome card Karen you are really clever and your instructions on how to make it is great i must give this technique a go! brilliant card love it!

Congrats on you being chosen to be on the hoigh hopes team. Well done although cant say i'm surprised your work is really inspiring!

Have a great day

Many hugs Di xxxx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, this is amazing Karen and thanks for explaining the technique. Never heard of this before but it looks amazing and lovely and messy which I think adds to the enjoyment of crafting.

Many congrats on your High Hopes news and looking forward to seeing your fabby High Hopes creations as a full time teamie !

Hugs,

Jo x

Heide said...

Congrats to the design team! High Hopes is one of my all time favorites! Wonderful color challenge card! I just love the two colors together!

Deanne said...

I just love this card Karen! The glossy look of the image is so cool! Congrats on your new design team position as well!

xx-Deanne

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty in green awesome job.

--Congrats on the High Hopes DT, I love their stamps and I love your work with them!!!!

Dena said...

Well, that is such a cool technique! It really turned out great! Wonderful take on these colors. Hugs, Dena

Kelly Schelske said...

It's fabulous Karen, bright but so fun!

Congrats on your HH news, that's awesome, way to go!

Hugs, Kelly

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Congrats Karen!!! Can't wait to work with you!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Well alrighty...super good news and a big congrats on your DT info. That's great to be a part of a company that you really love. Happy for you Karen, Pat

Janiel/ janny said...

Love the card!!! You are so clever girlie!!!

Congrats to you on the High Hopes DT also... You are perfect for that!!!
hugs, janny

stephanne said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to you on your new DT ventures, how splendid!! You are super talented and will be a great addition!!

Wonderful card as well, and thank you for sharing this technique with us!!

Shirley said...

Your project is awesome and beautiful and I am not surprised in the leaset about your Design Team request! Your cards and other are artistic and beautiful.

Janine said...

Beautiful card Karen and congrats!! You will be a great addition to the team!!

Marcea said...

OMG that is fabulous news sweetie - I bet you are so happy!!!! Well done, wow wow wow!!!!!! Not at all surprised cos your work is just outstanding - what an assett to their team :o)

Now then, what a beauty of a card. Never heard of this technique before - love what you have done with it. Gorgeous combo sweetie
Have a wonderful day
-x-

Joey said...

YAY for you Karen that is awesome!!! congrats on becoming a full time diva :O)

Your card is fabulous and so different!

Joey.xxx

Michelle said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you're back, Karen!!

Mina said...

wow congratulations Karen and so well deserved too...I love this amazing card and what a clever way to use the colours
Mina xxx

Rosanne said...

Karen--I can't think of anyone better suited to be on the design team for High Hopes Stamps! All the cards you have done using these adorable little stamps have been so special! Glad to see they recognize you for the talent that you are! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

STUNNING! The way you always come up with a new technique is just brilliant Karen. Your card is drop dead gorgeous!
Congrats on the new DT position - I just knew people would want to snap you up - you are one creative and clever lady.
Sharon xx

Heather said...

Hi Karen - congrats on your High Hopes DT position, well deserved.
Love this card it is absolutely stunning. Great technique, haven't done this for ages. Have some Nellie Snellen animals stencils I use to do - but I can make a mess out of nothing - but you've inspired me to have another go!!
hugs Heather xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Congrats, Karen!! They are lucky to have you back! Your creations rock the house! No! The world!! You know I'm such a fan!!!

Candace said...

More great cards. I use the paste on my stencils and just love the different looks. However I have never cut out any to use so thanks so much for the inspiration.
I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Candace said...

Oops for the most important part.
CONGRATULATIONS!! on making the High Hopes design team. They made a great decision adding you.

Curt in Indy said...

It's about time they got you permanently! What took them so long???? LOL Congrats Karen! You certainly deserve it and they are so very lucky to have you! This card and technique by the way is awesome! Best, Curt

Chris said...

A fabulous card Karen and such a wonderful technique with the stencils, I really love the effect. Huge congrats on your Diva post and so well deserved, I'm so happy for you. Chris x