Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #45










Good morning everyone;
Here it is Sunday again, time for The High Hopes Challenge. This weeks challenge is brought to you by Jeanne and she has chosen...."Playing Favorites". Jeanne would like you all to make a card with your favorite High Hopes image. Well, I don't know about you but this was an extremely difficult challenge for me. I have waaayyy too many favorite images...so I decided to go with an oldie but goodie... "Country Snowman and Snowman Greeting". Is this not the most adorable snowman....ever!!





I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I used my white Inkssentials pen for the white dots and highlights. I also used some stickles. I embossed the whole card with my CB snowflake folder and used my MS punch for the icicles. The red was cut with my fancy pinking scissors and the orange paper is from Darcie's. I used some diamond dust for the snow. The lg snowflake was punched with my MS punch and the small ones with my EK Success punch. I curled some red wire and attached the sm. snowflakes. I added a clear dew drop to the centers of the snowflakes.



I finished the inside with a small oval nestie cut-out of the image and the "Snowman Greeting" sentiment. I really like the way the embossing shows through onto the inside as well.

I hope you all have time to play along with us this week and don't forget to stop by the High Hopes blog and see what the other Diva's have created to inspire you.

Have a wonderful day, Thanks so much for stopping by.....

KAREN x



* All High Hopes stamps are available
at The Rubber Room and on-line store.

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your icicles so cool.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Beautiful colours and colouring Karen!!
Sarah

CraftyC said...

This is stunning karen. Beautifully coloured and a great LO!
Clairex

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Karen. That looks like a real( you know what I mean) snowman around here. We are as country as one can get!!!!!!!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I have never seen this image, it's fabulous as is your colouring Karen, Love the inside too, Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Karen and I agree about having difficulty picking a favourite and also about that gorgeous Snowman! Superb colouring and design and I love how you embossed the whole card. This gets me itching to make more Christmas cards :). Hope you had a great weekend. Chris x

Deb said...

I love this snowman! I love this card! Where can I purchase him? If you know where he is available, please, please let me know!

Thanks!

Deb Heinritz

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, what a cute image, super! Your card is beautiful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Rach said...

a fantastic card, that snowman is amazing. hugs rachxx

The Rubber Maid said...

He is such a sweet snowman and what a stove pipe hat. Great card! Pat

LORi said...

Gorgeous Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcea said...

Hi Karen - wow I love that bold blue - so striking and sure makes the whole card pop! Just stunning work sweetie
-x-

Carolyn King said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!! beautiful job with this image...great coloring!

Redlady said...

Hi Karen. Your colouring is lovely. Coming from England I miss the snow and snowmen. Please send him over to my front garden in Aussie land.
He's gorgeous
Hilda

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is just stunning!! I love the icles and the embossing and the layout!!! Wow!
~Lacey

Alex said...

Love your card! Coloration is so beautiful and I like the colors!
Hugs, Alex

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!!...your coloring is Fabulous!....what a cute snowman..and one...I do not have..lol...Hugs, Ila

Shirley said...

What a wonderful card inside and out! Love the colors and the texture too!

Carole said...

Wonderful card! The image is gorgeous and I love the icicles.
Carole :)