Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

High Hopes Challenge # 44









Hello everyone;
It's time again for another High Hopes Challenge. We have a great challenge for you today, "Wrap it Up" and it is brought to you by Inge.

I decided to try my hand at an Origami box.



I have used the new release Thanksgiving images......Pilgrim Pair, Sm. Turkey, Oak leaf corner and border and the Happy Thanksgiving and Gobble Gobble sentiments.



I embossed the images with black and painted them with Tombows. I stamped the oak leaf corner onto the top of the box with Perfect medium. The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto acetate. I cut out and layered the images onto the labels that were die cut with my nesties and embossed with a CB folder. I also added some stickles.


On the inside of the box I used the smaller nesties labels and embossed with the same CB folder. I cut out all the images and layered them with foam tape. I added some stickles and coloured the back of the dew drops with a black identa pen.
The box is filled with some delicious chocolate truffles!!

I hope you like it and be sure to stop by the High Hopes blog to see the gorgeous creations the other Diva's have come up with to inspire you. I hope you will have time to play along with us this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by.....

Have a great Sunday
KAREN x


*all the stamps used to make my card
can be purchased at The Rubber Room
and on-line store.

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

How cute and clever!!!

Rach said...

a fabulous origami box,, looks fantastic. hugs rachxx

Kelly Schelske said...

How wonderful Karen! Its' fabulous!

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Karen, love the filling to LOL
Clairexx

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is so awesome Karen, as all your creations are. I love how there's a play on words with the "gobble gobble" on the inside right in front of a stash of candy! Amazing, as always!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, your box is awesome Karen, such a great design and so many cute images, Hope your having a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

Shirley said...

They are adorable! What a treat for someone! Beautiful!

Inge Groot said...

Wooow Karen, this project is stunning! The person who's getting this gift will be soooo happy;-)))

Inge xOx

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! Your coloring and design are awesome! I love the embossed die cut panel too!

Unknown said...

Oh Karen...this is beautiful. Don't you just love all the fall colors? I've tried to comment on your recent posts and my pc hasn't been co-operating. I'm still here everyday. Thank you "my friend" for encouraging me from the beginning.

Candace said...

Karen, I love this. It's so creative. I so enjoy your work. I think I need that turkey stamp.

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful work, Karen :0) what a cute little box and love your turkey :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Curt in Indy said...

These little pilgrims are adorable! You box is too! I need to make a few of these since I've got those origami boxes down pat. How did you attach the bottom and lid? Your pictures don't show the back. Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt