Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flourishes....Timeless Tuesday #31









Hello everyone;
It's been so busy around here I haven't had too much time to join in on my favorite challenges. I was able to grab a few hours yesterday to make a card for Flourishes, Timeless Tuesday challenge. The theme this week is no colouring, so I decided to make a Pergamano card.



The image I have used is from the set Sweet Violets.

I stamped the image with Stazon black onto a piece of photo copy paper to use as my pattern. I used ordinary parchment paper for the card. I taped down the parchment to the pattern and traced it with my Pergamano white ink pen. I don't think the effect of the ink is as great with the pen, I actually prefer to use my mapping pen and bottle of white Tinta ink. After it was all traced I embossed all the flowers, leaves and stems. I used a stippling effect with a 1 needle tool for the centers and hull of the flowers. I used my regular grid to add the embossed dots around the edges. The edges of the card are pierced with a 3 needle tool and then snipped with my handy little Pergamano scissors. I embossed a little butterfly and cut it out and layered it. I also added a tiny bit of stickles to the flower centers and leaves. I used a piece of rainbow parchment for the inside card.

I have added a pic for you to see the tools I used to make this card. There are lots of other tools, these are just a few.



It is so hard to get a decent picture of my Pergamano cards, too much light against the parchment paper, they do look a lot nicer in RL. If you click on the pic you will see it much better. I hope you like it.




CLASS CARD










I also want to share with you the card we are doing in class this month. It is done using a few different tools, angle and hockey stick. This is from a Pergamano book of patterns.The inside card is red vellum.





Thanks so much for stopping by,

Have a great day....
KAREN x

*All the Pergamano tools and accessories are available at The Rubber Room and on-line store.

14 comments:

Marcea said...

Oh wow sweetie, these are just stunning. I have never attempted this myself but my MILmakes these and I know how much work goes into each card. Just fabulous!
-x-

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen your work is stunning!!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

These are Gorgeous!!! hmmm, maybe I will make a trip to london for a class...;)

Amy

mitch1066 said...

gorgous!I'm teaching myself parchment craft very slowly lol.Its so precise!

Unknown said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were. Love your work as always.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! These are gorgeous!!!!
~Lacey

The Rubber Maid said...

How unique in your thinking but you know I have no patience for pergamano. These are gorgeous and I have kept the one you sent me at Valentine's Day...it is a treasure as these are also. Pat

jandokan said...

WOW super cards :D

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - this is fabulous!!! What a super cool idea and it's stunning!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Shirley said...

You have to quit doing these lovely cards!!! One hobby is enough for me. This just so wonderfully beautiful!

Shirley said...

That last comment was for the bottom card. The top one is out of this world.

Riet said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Karen.

Hugs Riet.x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, amazing! Your pergamano cards are just top notch brilliant!

Betty Wright said...

GASP!!! Karen, this is absolutely stunning!!! Wonderful design and the technique blows me away. Beautifully done!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!