Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

COLOUR CREATE CHALLENGE #43



Good morning everyone....It's time again for the Colour Create Challenge.
It's hard to believe 2 weeks has gone by already!!!

This weeks challenge is brought to you by ME!! I have chosen one my favorite colour schemes......."Black, Burnt Orange and Cream. The optional extra is "Checks"






This weeks challenge is sponsored
by my favorite store too....
"The Rubber Room"



The adorable image I am using for my card is "Honey Tilda" which happens to be my very first Magnolia stamp..... she was so cute I couldn't resist!!



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I painted the jar with Oyster H2o's. I cut Tilda out and layered her onto the jar. I added Gold Ice Stickles to her wings. The cream background was stamped with High Hopes honeycomb background, Perfect medium and clear embossing powder. I used my Swiss dot CB folder for the card front. I used my EK Success scallop punch for the card edges and cream cs. I used my I-top tool for the brads with checkered fabric. The sentiment is from High Hopes.

Be sure to check out the Colour Create Blog to see the amazing creations the DT have created to inspire you.

I hope you will have time to play along with us this challenge. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Have a fabulous day and Thanks so much for stopping by.....

KAREN x

10 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a cute card Karen, so sweet and wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Rach said...

Gorgeous Karen .
a stunnig colour combo and delish colouration of your sweet image.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wow wow wow, coloured and matched to perfection, i love it. janex

Eiglas said...

I agree with your opinion of the Tilda Karen - she's so sweet (...oh, sorry about the pun...!) but your work in putting her together with the colours and composition of your card are the real talent here!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Tasha said...

Tilda looks fabulous! I love the colours you have used and those gorgeous brads are so yummy. Your colour work is fantastic too
love tasha xx

Cindy Haffner said...

DARLING, love the browns.

Di said...

This is fabulous and sooo clever! love your thinking you always come up with something different! Wonderful card!

Hugs Di xxxxx
p.s loved the colours!

Sharon Caudle said...

oooooooooo...this is FABULOUS!!! Your coloring ROCKS, Karen! I love it!!
hugs!
Sharon

Mina said...

oh wow Karen this is just amazing, stunning colouring and what a perfect image to use for these colours
Mina xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Very cute Karen, love that Tilda!