Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #73




Happy Sunday to you all!!

I hope you are all having a great weekend. I took a little trip to the greenhouse today to check out all the beautiful flowers and of course did not come home empty handed!! I just love the amazing colours all in rows...it was an awesome sight!!!

This weeks High Hopes Challenge is brought to us by the lovely "Alex" and she is asking us to make a "Bookmark".

The image I have used is " Bookworm".
It is actually a card with a bookmark inside. I went a little overboard with the colour so you made need to get your sunglasses on for this one...lol!!



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I brayered the background with Kaleidacolor..Melon Melody ink. I used the script CB folder for the embossing and my Ek Success scallop border punch. I cut the hole out and framed it with my nesties. The doodleing is done with my Inkssentials white pen.



The inside is done the same and I added a strip across the middle for the paper clip to hang on. I attached this piece with some brads.








I attached a piece of green cs
to the center of the paperclip
to hold the bookworm image
on and a nestie frame for the
back.
The back has the sentiment
"This book belongs to"
on it but I didn't get a picture
of it...ooops...sorry!!


Be sure to check out the High Hopes Blog to see the fabulous bookmarks the Diva's have created to inspire you!!

I hope you will have time to play along with us this week and be sure to use a HH's image on your creation.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

KAREN x


**High Hopes stamps are available at
the Rubber Room online store.
Check out the great sale going on!!!!

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh SWEET!!!

Alexandra said...

wundervoll, die idee mit dem lesezeichen ist ja einfach nur klasse.
lg
sanny

Tasha said...

Karen he is adorable!I think your colouring is smashing and the design is so cute
love tasha xx

Tanya S said...

Very creative,love it!!

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, Karen. Your card is beautiful and the bookmark is so funny, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Karen,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun Karen! Love the bright colors!!

CraftyC said...

Love the card and bookmark. Beautifully coloured and great colours!
Clairexx

Stampin' Meg said...

MY goodness how cute-I thought that he was a turtle at first until I saw the rest of his lil wormie bod down the clip!

Nancy said...

This is sooooo cute!!! Love the bookworm!

Patti Jo said...

Toooooo cute!!! Beautiful coloring and just adorable!!!