Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

"A Heartfelt Thank You" and 1 card ...2 challenges

Hello everyone:
I hope you all had a great weekend.

I would like to give a "Heartfelt Thank You" to Marcea for featuring my cards and blog on Inspirational yesterday. I was so touched by her wonderful comments. Thanks again Marcea, you truly made my day!!


ONE CARD....TWO CHALLENGES
I am getting pretty good at making one card for more than one challenge. I guess some of you ladies are rubbing off on me...lol!!

Today I am sharing a card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge....which is black/white and 1 other color. I am also using it for the One Stop Craft Challenge #28 which is Cut It Out!

The flower image is from Penny Black...and one of my all time favorites.



The precious little butterfly is from High Hopes new release.
I embossed the images with black and painted them with Tombows. I added the white dots with my Inkssentials pen. I embossed and painted the butterfly 3 times and cut out and layered each section. The white background was cut with scallop scissors. Not having any pre-cut cards, I had to do it by measuring. I added some dew drops, a bow and of course some stickles.



Also a little tip for you all today.....I always thought that the dew drops were made of glass... No they are NOT....they are made of resin. (as my dear friend Cathy tells me...a little too late) I like to use the clear ones and I paint the backs of them with whatever color I need with permanent markers, glaze pens etc. Well they weren't drying fast enough for me so I picked one up with my metal tweezers and used my embossing gun to dry them....really bad idea. Melted it right to the tweezers, I shouldn't have tried to pick it off the tweezers until it has cooled either, it was really hot....LOL!! Anyway, a lesson learned.

I hope you like my card and my tip of the day...


Thanks for stopping by,

KAREN x

*all products used in my card are from The Rubber Room and on-line store.

23 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Karen, so well deserved I am so chuffed you were featured on Inspirational :O)

Gorgeous card! love how you have done your ribbon. Joey.xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, love the colors. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Unknown said...

I've always known it would take more than one feature!!!! Honestly, you do great work. Beautiful card.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the pretty image and the wonderful butterfly. Hugs Nikki x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Karen.

Hugs Riet.x

Jamie Martin said...

Love this card, the colors are fab!

tracie said...

Oh wow Karen what a fabulous card, love the gorgeous butterfly & ribbon.. Congrats on being featured on Inspirational..
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Karen.....love the colour combo and that blue makes the whole card pop and well done on your feature on Inspirational...no surprise there and silly girl...heating your dew drops....and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

1crazyjoe said...

Your color choices are always awesome. Beautiful card!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Karen what a totally fabulous card im loving the flowers on here and the awesome colour blue youve used. Hope you are well have a fabulous day hugs Linda x

Sue said...

Hi Karen
luv the card the flower is so striking, that ribbon is gorgeous.
Congratulations on being featured on Inspirational, well done on 2in1, sue.x

Diane said...

Jedi Master, I love this card!! The colours are da'bomb! The blue looks so great against the brown, you did an amazing job as always!!!! Congrats on being on Inspirational, you deserve it, bask in it baby.
Have a great day and I will talk to ya soon.
Di

angeljakki said...

Wow, Such a beautiful card and colours x x x

Jeni Glee said...

Karen....do you see how lovely this card is? My jaw just dropped when I first set eyes on it! Those colors are "out of this world!" Whoa, you are truly an artisan, my Friend!

Things have settled down a little bit for Dwain and me. We are still helping out Brenda and the girls but not as much since Dada kicked in and is doing more. That leaves us more time to get back to do the things that are helping with my recovery.

When you get a chance, write me and let me know how you are doing.

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, that blue is brilliant against the brown. Gorgeous card!

Stampin' Meg said...

oh so much to love about this card- the design, the coloring on the flower petals and the way you layered that butterfly!!! Super!!

Carole said...

Stunning card - so beautiful. Congrats on being featured on Inspirational.
Hugs
Carole x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Gorgeous way to use a window, that is just awesome. And what's more, I didn't even recognize my little butterfly! You dressed him up so fancy I thought he was some other company's stamp! LOLOL

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Karen!..love the colors and lovely butterfly!!...Congratulations on being featured on Inspirational!!..your creations are always Beautiful and Inspiring!!...(thanks for the hot tip..lol)...Hugs, Ila

Paula said...

Wow this is absolutly stunning the colours are fab. Thanks for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Hi KAren. Thanks so much for your kind words. My daughter is still hanging in there - so keep the prayers coming. Anyway, I had to nip over to see the card you made for our challenge. Absolutely superb! The ribbon treatment is amazing, and I really love the cut work. It is so beautiful. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Curt in Indy said...

Unbelievable work my friend! This card is simply stunning, and I am so proud that you were on "Inspirational". I also laughed right out loud when I read the about the "dew drop" incident! LOL You are certainly a hoot! Best, Curt

Tasha said...

Hey Karen fantastic card - great colour and loving the ribbon
beautiful
love tasha xx