Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge #16

Hello everyone;
I hope you are all having a great week so far. A little rainy and dismal here for the next few days, but great for the new front garden we just put in. I transplanted a ton of perennials from my back gardens and was worried they wouldn't take because of the heat. I think they will be ok now.

It's been fun playing the different challenges and last week my card was chosen as the winner in The Pink Elephant Challenge #15....yay!! Check out my fab little Ella banner on my side bar, too cute.

This weeks TPE challenge is a fab sketch by Robin Willis. I decided to use one of my new stamps from The Greeting Farm, adorable Grace.



I embossed the image with black and painted it with Tombows. I used my Inkssentials white pen for the highlights and the dots. The dp is from DCWV paper stack. I used a CB embossing folder and the trim on the dp is a sticker border and I colored it orange with my Identa-pen permanent marker. I put a dot of frosted lace stickles in each circle of the border and some stickles on the image. I stamped the sentiment onto the ribbon with Stazon black.

I hope you like it...and Thanks for stopping by

KAREN x

19 comments:

Annie said...

HI Karen congratulations on your win at the Pink Elephant - very well deserved. I look forward to your entry each week - always stunning.

Love this week's too.

Ann xxx

Rach said...

fabulous card Karen, love the colours.xx

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the orange ribbon :o)
Well done on your win at the PE too!
-x-

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,l love the image and colours. So gorgeous papers.

ZO MOOI....
Hugs Riet.x

angeljakki said...

Oh Karen,
Such a cute card and great use of the textured background adds so much to the card x x x

cats whiskers said...

Such a sweet card sweetie, love that image and the papers are just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Patti J said...

Congratulations Karen!!! You have a wonderful card and are very deserving!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is adorable!!!!!

LORi said...

Holy Moly Karen I LOVE LOVE this card!!! Perfection!!

Happy Happy you joined us again!!!

HUGS ~ LORi BOYD

Unknown said...

Way_To_Go...I knew that card at the Pink Elephant was awesome. I do love Pergamano. This new card is beautiful. Love those bright, vibrant colors.

Siri Fjørtoft, kaBoks said...

Wow! I love it :-) The stamp, the bow, the colours! Its a hit!

Siri

Carol said...

Cute image so beautifully coloured!
Thanks for playing along this week, congrats on the win last week it was a stunner :)

Hugs
Carol x

Tab said...

Fab card hun, love the layout and the image is so sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

1crazyjoe said...

Your attention to detail is amazing Karen

Joe

Kelly Schelske said...

Cute, cute Karen!!

Congrats on your PE win!!

Hugs, Kelly

Shirley said...

How pretty she is and I love every detail too! I can almost imagine how sparkly the CF is !

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the cute image and all the beautiful papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, so cute! Congrats!

Tasha said...

Karen this card is fantastic - i am loving the colours and the fab layout. She is such a cutie love your colouring of her.
love tasha xx