Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge #31

Good morning everyone;

I played in the One Stop Craft Challenge a couple of weeks ago and was very lucky to win a 2 week DT spot...yay!!
This weeks challenge is brought to us by Donna and she has chosen "Let's Here it For the Boys".

The Rubber Room has just received some fab stamps from The Greeting Farm and of course I had to have some!! This adorable image is "Rescue Ian" and I thought it would fit right in with the OSCC this week.



I embossed the image and the flames with black and painted it with Tombows. The flames are a stubbie from Stamps by Judith. At first glance I thought the flame stamp was a leaf, but it is not, it really is a flame. I used my Inkssentials white pen for the highlights and doodling. The bg was embossed with a CB folder and I used my nesties scallop and labels dies. Ack!! I forgot to add some stickles....lol! Oh well, I think it's ok without them.
It was a fun little card to make, I am happy with the way it turned out.
I will be playing along with the fab design team again next week...so stay tuned.

Have a fabulous weekend and Thanks for popping in...

KAREN x

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oy My Word, you have rocked Ian, super sweet. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Joey said...

Hiya Karen, I love this Ian! I have him ready to go for my sons birthday card. your colouring is just stunning gorgeous layout love those little flames. Joey.x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome card Karen!!

Unknown said...

Ian is a doll...well, maybe a very handsome firefighter. You just bring the little fellow to life and he pops right off that card. Beautiful as always!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the cute image and i love the lo and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Marcea said...

wow sweetie, this is FANTASTIC!!!!! I love it so much. Everything is perfect - the colours are incredible. I actually thought they were leaves too - I thought you were being very creative .... well, you always are but you know what I mean, lol
Have a great weekend hun
-x-

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Karen another gorgeous card hunny what fabulous colouring on this adorable image. I love it. Hope your having a good weekend, hugs Linda x

Faye said...

Karen, this is just so darling. You've given us a great piece to inspire us.

sue said...

Hi Karen,

I hope you don;t get ten of the same messages I have sent...I keep pushing the wrong key'''I LOVE YOUR WORK AND YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!!

Sue

Donna said...

Hi Karen, your card is absolutely stunning! I'm so glad you have joined us this week as our Guest Designer and I'm sure you will inspire many with this adorable card. Donna x

Theresa Momber said...

Another cutie! I love the out of the box image and, of course, your coloring is amazing.

Shirley said...

Absolutely precious! Love the whole card!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Karen, what a fabulous Iam!
Hugs
Carole x

Tasha said...

Oh wow - this rocks - i never know how to use my rescue ian but you have certainly provoked inspiration thank you!
Love the colours and your fab colouring
love tasha xx

Amy said...

Oh how cool!! GREAT bright colours and stamp!!!