Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pergamano and The Pink Elephant Challenge #15

Hello everyone;
I have been working this past weekend on my Pergamano. I decided to take the time and dedicate it just to that. I started out with some brushstroke painting on parchment but I really don't like the look of colored images on the parchment. I am so partial to just the whitework. I love the lace look so I am sticking to just that!

The first card is for The Pink Elephant Challenge this week which is "Monograms". The only monograms I had were some pergamano patterns my friend Shirley had shared with me. So here is what I came up with.



To start I traced the patterns with a mapping pen and white Tinta ink and the stems and leaves with copper Tinta ink. I embossed some of the areas and the tips of the letters have been stippled with a 1 needle tool. The holes in the background piece are done on a grid. I used a 3 needle tool to go around the edges and then I snipped between the dots to make the edging with my fancy little perga cutters. I used a CB folder for the card. I don't usually use any cardstock with my Pergamano cards, just parchment, but I think it looks not too bad.



I want you to see the stippling on the tips of the letters,
that is done with a 1 needle tool lightly piercing rapidly on the area.







This card I made just because I love the pattern and have been wanting to make it for a while now. I changed some of the elements of the pattern but kept the basic card itself.



I traced some of the pattern with gold Tinta ink and a mapping pen and the white lines with my Pergamano white ink pen. I embossed the areas with different sizes of embossing tools and pierced the area behind the flowers with an arrow tool and a grid. The open areas behind the butterfly are pierced with a 2 split tool and the pieces removed. Sometimes you have to use scissors to snip a little but the pieces usally pop right out. I layered the finished image with turquoise parchment and pierced through all 4 thicknesses with the 2 split tool to created the finished edge. The butterfly was done in the same way, a little tricky piercing inside the wings....lots of paitience there...lol!!


I was really happy with the way it turned out.









I added this last pic to give you an idea what I use to make my Pergamano cards.


The black foam is an embossing pad. The tools on the left are piercing tools and the mapping pen. In the middle is a small piece of the parchment paper I start with, the bottle of ink and my fancy little Perga cutter scissors. They are specially made for parchment and they make cutting a breeze. The tools on the right are all different sizes of embossing tools. There are many more tools in my case, but this will give you an idea of what they all look like.

Sorry for such a long post...hope you like my cards,
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.....

KAREN x


*all products used in my cards were purchased from The Rubber Room and on-line stores.

31 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's really cool!

Ps. It would be nice to be able to comment without having to have a Blogger account :)

//Stephanie
Motivet.com

angeljakki said...

Absolutely stunning work.
Love the butterfly card.
So much detail totally awesome x x x

Kelly Schelske said...

WOW! Gorgeous work Karen!

Riet said...

Wowww Karen,what a beautiful.

Zo Mooi.....
Hugs Riet.x

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hi Karen,
I am always amazed when I see your Pergamano cards. They are so detailed and lovely and remind me of artwork from long ago. Both of these cards are exceptional--I especially like the blue behind the butterfly. All I can say is WOW!
Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen, they are both gorgeous. Sue x

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow amazing.

Diane said...

WOW Karen!!! These are fabulous!! I love the way you have done the monogram card. The Bronze colour is so striking. You always do things that inspire me so much. Thanks for sharing.
Di

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Beautiful! WOW!
Pam Going Postal

Annie said...

Oh Karen these are just stunning - absolutely beautiful.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Breath-taking!!!!! Absolutely beautiful cards.

Robin said...

Asolutely stunning!! I am in awe of the work you put into that card! Thanks for sharing it with us at TPE!!

Angela said...

Beautiful cards,

Crazy For Scrapping said...

wow stunning, I really love how you did this. TFS

Ila said...

Wow!!!! This is Amazing..so detailed and So Beautiful!!..Hugs, Ila

Tab said...

OMG! Karen is there no ends to your talents, these are fabulous hun! I have had a go at this technique before and well lets just say its didn't look anything like these awesome creations LOL, sadly my kit know lives in the cupboard LOL! Fabby work, truly divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

1crazyjoe said...

Holy cow Karen amazing!

The Rubber Maid said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You sure have that technique down pat. Such talent on pergamano. I have never seen anything like it even from the instructors I took classes from. I don't have the patience this takes but quite obviously you do. Lovely simply lovely. Pat

Carole said...

Fabulous creations Karen...I've never done pergamano, but I know it takes such a long time...just stunning.
Hugs
Carole :)

Carol said...

So much work but SOOOOO beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing your work with us at TPE....just stunning :)

Hugs
Carol x

Unknown said...

These are absolutely stunning!

Renee said...

Wowzers!!! Just gorgeous!!! wonderful details. Blessings. Renee

AUsome mom said...

Stunning! All of it is just stunning!

Carolyn King said...

holy smokes batman---totally gorgeous!!!! wowza!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh wow Karen, they are both breathtaking. I hope you will show us more of the parchment work soon, Hugs, Nikki x

Theresa Momber said...

Oh my! Just stunning, Karen! I so love your pergamano cards.

Tasha said...

WOW this card is awesome - stunning! WOW WOW WOW i love both of them, and agree with you the white is awesome i dont blame you for wanting to keep it like this!
love tasha xx

Chelle said...

Great job as always mom!

Love Chelle

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh My Goodness! Jaw drops in amazement once again. These are stunning - sensational. I must try this technique out sometime - you are such an inspiration!
Off for another drool at these beauties.
Sharon xx

LORi said...

Fantastically BEAUTIFUL Karen!!! Wowzers!!!

Happy to see you this week at TPE!!

HUGS ~ LORI BOYD

Shirley said...

Thud! That was my jaw dropping when I saw these elegant creations of yours. I really need to try that.