Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #31

Good morning everyone;
I hope you are all having a great weekend. Here in Canada we are celebrating Victoria Day tomorrow, so we are having a long weekend. A new front garden is on our agenda, we are just waiting for the weather to clear up. It's supposed to be nice today, still cool but sunny.

The High Hopes Challenge this week is brought to you by....ME!! I have chosen "Can Ya Doodle". I love to doodle on just about anything, so I thought this would be fun.
When I saw the new release bees and butterfly, I knew there would be another step card in my future...lol!!

These adorable images from the new release are Sitting Bee, Bedilia Butterfly, Fanciful Flower, Fanciful Border, Rosey Posey Frame and the Honey Pot.



I embossed the images with black and painted them with Tombows. I stamped Bedilia's wing and the large flower in the border twice and layered them. The honey pot is covered with glossy accents. The antenna's were made with black wire. I used my MS border punch behind the sentiment. I used glossy accents on the water drops. The watering can was painted with Gelly Roll silver metallic. I also added lots of Stickles. It took quite a while to paint and cut out the images, but totally worth the time. I am really happy with the way it turned out, I hope you like it too.

Be sure to check out the other Diva's creations, they all did a fabulous job of doodling. I hope you be able to play along with us this week, there are some great High Hopes stamps up for grabs.

Have a great day....and Thanks for stopping by...
KAREN x



*all products used on my card are from The Rubber Room and on-line store.

22 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Karen, what a awesome creation i love this style of card and all the characters you have combined. Sorry i was pants at this challenge this week. Hugs Nikki x

Riet said...

ohh wowww Karen,what a beautiful card,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Joey said...

Hi Karen, wow, this is just fantastic! bright colours, your colouring is beautiful, love the detail. Joey.xxx

Diane said...

Karen,

All I can say is WOW!!! I love this card and all the time care you took paying attention, as always, to the finest of details. One day Jedi Master I will be within the same galaxy as you, but that is a long way off.

You are the best
Grasshopper

daisy said...

this looks so wonderfull!

hugs
daisy

Lauri said...

Your coloring always amazes me!!!! A beautiful card and I LOVE the colors!

Michelle said...

This is amazing, Karen! I can only imagine how long this took you to create, but it turned out fabulously! I love all the stamps you used.....& I've never tried a step card but they sure look fun! Thanks for a fun challenge this week!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow girl, this is fab. I love it. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Karen!! Love all of the work and the doodling looks great!

Hugs, Kelly

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card with all the extra's thrown in for free. Honestly, I keep the card you sent me sitting on my craft table and most everyday I pick it up, turn it this way then that way. So much detail in every card you create. You are definitely Top Diva in my book. BTW..Your daughter is making some great looking cakes. Too pretty to eat.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hey Karen,
Fantastic card--as usual! I must try this step card thing--I still have the "recipe" you gave me. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me--you truly are an inspiration!
Hugs
Sarah

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, such cute, cute images and colored so beautifully!

Marcea said...

Oh Karen, this is stunning sweetie. So much work and thought buttotally worth it!! Just incredible! Hope you have a great day getting your garden sorted
-x-

Anonymous said...

Wowzers, what an incredible creation Karen...must have taken you ages! Fabulous colouring!
Hugs
Carole

Crissy Armstrong said...

Yes, I agree with all of the above commentors, this is really over-the-top fabulous! I would so keep this to show potential grandkids!!! ha ha You've really mastered the step card, that is for sure!!

Tab said...

Well you already know my views on your delish card hun, it is totally jaw droppingly gorge, it must have too hours hun! Stunning colouring too! Your doodling ROCKS!
Hugs Tab xxx

Shirley said...

Absolutely wonderful, Karen!

Renee said...

wowzers!!!! beautiful card, I love it you yourself must have been A busy bee. Blessings. Renee

Tiffany said...

Absolutely gorgous Karen, I forgot about that card.
So cute and I love the challenge.

Inger Marie said...

Wow your card is so wonderful. I love the images they are so cute.
Hugs from Inger Marie

Ila said...

This is Absolutley Amazing Karen...and so Gorgeous!!..love all the images..your coloring and Fabuluos Doodling!!..Hugs, Ila

Tasha said...

Love this card its awesome - loving the steps and the cute images - fab colours too
love tasha xx