Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Put your sunglasses on........

Good morning everyone;
Well I am still in challenge mode this week and my card today is going to work for 2 different challenges....yay!!
The first one is for The Pink Elephant Challenge #13 and the challenge is Circles and Scallops. It also happens to fit right in with the Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #50 and the challenge is "Touchy Feely".



This card came about with some color inspiration from my blog friend Cammie. The colors of her card yesterday were black, yellow and white and it looked awesome. I instantly thought how great that color combo would look with my High Hopes Bee. I must admit I have a lot more yellow showing...so it came out a lot brighter....hence the need for sunglasses. I think this card is the brightest and busiest card I have ever made!!!...LOL!!

I embossed the honeycomb image with gold. The sitting bee from High Hopes and the sentiment are embossed with black. I painted the images with Tombow markers. I used my new "atyou Spica glitter pen by Copic" for the wings. The yellow background was stamped with Perfect Medium and the images are the honey pot and the fanciful flower, also from High Hopes. I punched the fern and added the Prima flower. The sentiment is from designs unlimited. I also added some Stickles and dew drops.
I am happy with the way it turned out.....I hope you like it too!

Have a bright and sunny day...and Thanks so much for stopping by...

KAREN x


*all products used in my card are from The Rubber Room
and on-line store.

21 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card,l love the colours.

Hugs riet.x

Robin said...

This adorable!! I love the colors you used. They are perfect for that adorable bee!!
I will add you to MrLinky on TPE if he ever decides to play nice again!!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous Card!!!!! I just adore that little bummble bee! Hugs XXX Beth

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so perfect and fun, love this so much. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow hunny what a totally cool card. I am loving those cute bumble bees, fabulous colouring and such wonderful layout! thank you for sharing. Enjoy your evening, hugs Linda x

Crissy Armstrong said...

THis is amazing! I love how you used the honeycomb stamp and your layout is fabulous! Gorgeous use of yellow, a color I don't normally go for, but on here it looks fantastic! I love the little touches of red too. Its a beauty!

Tab said...

Fab card hun, just love what you have done with the bee and the background, looks so good!
Hugs Tab xxx

1crazyjoe said...

Karen, what can I say except beautiful

Carol said...

This is soooooo gorgeous!! i love the bright colours and that little bee is adorable :)
Fantastic card...thanks so much for joining us at TPE...

Hugs
Carol x

Michelle said...

This is adorable Karen....I love that embossed honeycomb...it makes it look so real!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, this is awesome Karen, I just love the vibrancy and the honeycomb background is fabulous, gorgeous colouring as always, Big Hugs, Nikki x

daisy said...

what a super lovely card! love the bee hive! in the back

hugs
daisy

Annie said...

I love it - so many special bit of detail.

I love the way you have done the honey comb - very very effective.

Ann xxx

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wowie! Great card Karen love the colour combo and the beehive background!
Blessings,
Sarah

angeljakki said...

Oh Karen this is so funky.
Love the colours and texture.
Your colouring is awesome as always x

Shirley said...

How bright, cheerful, and beautiful too! Love the background.

Theresa Momber said...

Ahhh, so cute! I love the bright colors!

Kathryn said...

I LOVE this card so much -- LOVE the embossed honeycomb look -- so wonderful !!
Great color, great image -- GREAT card!!!

Dawn said...

OMG! This card is so totally adorable! I love everything about it!! YOU ROCK!!!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the bright colors and texture.

Tracey said...

Great card, love all the details :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x